Friday, December 9, 2011

'I would forgive my husband if he cheated': Katherine Heigl opens up about marriage to Josh Kelley


By Daily Mail Reporter


Make no mistake - Katherine Heigl is no doormat.
But in a new interview, the Hollywood actress says she would strongly consider giving her husband Josh Kelley a second chance if her were unfaithful.
Speaking to Cosmopolitan UK, the 33-year-old actress opened up about her marriage of four years.
Candid: Katherine Heigl opens up to the January issue of Cosmopolitan UK about marriage, adopting daughter Naleigh and being an outsider in Hollywood
Candid: Katherine Heigl opens up to the January issue of Cosmopolitan UK about marriage, adopting daughter Naleigh and being an outsider in Hollywood

Asked how she would react if he cheated on her, she told the magazine: 'Josh and I always said that cheating would be a deal breaker; there is no second chance.
 

'But I’ve seen friends and acquaintances go through it and they’ve found a way back to the relationship, and a way to forgive each other.'
She went on: 'As much as I would kill him if he cheated because it would destroy me, I have started to question whether, if a mistake were to be made and it was a one-time thing, I would forgive him.
'Because look at the life we’ve built together. We have history, we have a child...But at the same time, it would be really hard to ever fully trust that person again.'
Loved up: Katherine says she would probably give husband Josh Kelley a second chance if he cheated on her, pictured this week at the Los Angeles premiere of her new movie New Year's Eve
Loved up: Katherine says she would probably give husband Josh Kelley a second chance if he cheated on her, pictured this week at the Los Angeles premiere of her new movie New Year's Eve

Katherine and country music singer Josh married in  2007 and two years later they adopted a baby daughter Naleigh from South Korea.
'I just knew I was going to do it. I addressed it with Josh before we were even engaged,' she said of the adoption.
'He’s such an amicable, good guy and he was like, "Yeah sure, Why not?" So, after we’d been married for about two years, we started the process.'
Cover girl: Heigl talked to the January issue of Cosmopolitan
Cover girl: Heigl talked to the January issue of Cosmopolitan
On bonding with Naleigh, Knocked Up star Katherine said: 'The first few days we were shell-shocked and terrified of messing up.
'I felt a need to protect her - that’s just a mothers instinct - but I was also intimidated by her, and nervous that she wouldn’t love me.'
Katherine added: 'She’d just flown across the world and we were speaking a different language, we were in a different time zone, we looked different...plus she’d been in a really loving, wonderful foster home.
'For the first three weeks, we couldn’t get her to giggle. I was like, "Oh no, she hates us".'
Katherine - who will next be seen in romcom New Year's Eve, which opened in UK theatres today and hits U.S. cinemas tomorrow - also talked to the publication about not being a stereotypical Hollywood actress.
She said: 'Hollywood likes to label everyone so you’re easier to identify. I didn’t mind it; I got mouthy, the way a child does when you celebrate them for something.
Happy family: Katherine and country music singer Josh, who married in 2007, adopted Naleigh two years later, pictured in October in Los Angeles
Happy family: Katherine and country music singer Josh, who married in 2007, adopted Naleigh two years later, pictured in October in Los Angeles
'The mouthier I got, the more I’d be celebrated. I was like, "You think that’s outspoken? How about this..." Then it bit me in the hand.'
The actress also revealed she is too lazy to workout constantly, like many Hollywood stars, saying she values her free time - and food - too much.
She explained: 'I was 20lbs heavier and wanted to look like those girls with fantastically beautiful bodies like Jennifer Aniston or Jessica Alba, but I just couldn’t lose the weight.
'It’s only now that I realise how hard those girls work for their bodies, and what level of commitment they make to do that. I’m too lazy and I like food and I like my free time too much to spend it working out!'

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan